SilverStar Mountain Resort is a ski holiday destination your family will never forget. The village is lined with shops, cafes and restaurants, and with its mid-mountain location, your days will start with a ski run and not a lift line. This colourful, intimate village has everything you’ll need within a short walk.
SilverStar is British Columbia’s third-largest when it comes to skiable terrain offering 3,282 acres, and has 132 marked runs spread across four mountain faces. Long, perfectly groomed cruisers, steep powder filled chutes, long winch-cat groomed black diamond runs, glades, back-country, terrain park and more combine to keep all levels of skiers and boarders entertained.
The resort is immense, it’s incredible, and you will feel like you have it all to yourself.
- Excellent ski-in, ski-out accommodation
- Colourful winterland village
- Variety of terrain
- Canada’s first all-inclusive My1Pass Lift pass
- 3rd largest Ski Area in B.C.
- 100% Pure and Natural Snow
- Olympic Calibre Grooming
- Ski School and Kids Adventure Centre
- Wide open, uncrowded slopes.
- Abundant, dry champagne powder
With activities both on and off the slopes, the welcoming ski-in, ski-out village is the perfect place for the ultimate mountain escape. And while there may be a big mountain with a ton of fun things to do, it’s the welcoming, friendly nature that keeps guests smiling.
SilverStar’s backside is huge! With over 60 runs on the backside of the mountain, 43+ of which are either Black or Double Black Diamond, there is something for everyone. The backside or Putnam Creek as it is otherwise known, is serviced by the high-speed Powder Gulch Quad, and is renowned for black diamond runs and deep powder snow that will test even the most fervent skier or snowboarder. Winch-cat grooming nightly of the Black Diamond runs creates steep fall line cruising that will leave you breathless.
Top tip: “Get on the Gondola! SilverStar has 10 lifts with their newest addition an 8-seater Doppelmayr Gondola which will take you from the heart of the village to the top of the mountain in just 4.5 minutes. Once you’re up the top you have access to all 132 ski runs on the four faces of the hill! ” – Oscar Gordon, SilverStar
|Top Elevation||1,915 Metres|
|Base Elevation||1,609 Metres|
|Vertical Drop||760 Metres|
|Skiable Terrain||3,282 Acres|
|Avg. Annual Snowfall||7 Metres|
|Ski in / Ski out||Yes|
At SilverStar there is more on offer than just world-class skiing and snowboarding with amazing adventures adding to your ski/board winter experience.
Snowshoe and Dine
Take a trip in a Snow Cat to the backside of the mountain for an unforgettable experience that you and your family are sure to remember for life.
Ice Hockey Games
Enjoy a true Canadian pastime and cheer on our local hockey team – six-time National Champions The Vernon Vipers.
Experience this snowy mountain adventure with professional backcountry guides.
Horse Sleigh Rides
Join a sleigh-ride to the Wild Horseman’s Cabin. Enjoy the sights and sounds of nature as you glide your way to an enchanting cabin!
Head into the backcountry and explore a variety of trails, frozen lakes, meadows and the views of the Thompson Nicola region.
Let your kids get in the driver’s seat at our fun and safe, mini snowmobile track located at Tube Town.
Slide, spin and swerve down multiple lanes of perfectly packed snow at Tube Town. A must-do for all kids and kids-at-heart.
- Adventure park
- Fat biking
- Indoor climbing at the National Altitude Training Centre
- Pinheads bowling alley
- Guided mountain tours
- Ice skating
- Winter festivals
- Night skiing
Getting to SilverStar
SilverStar’s friendly and intimate atmosphere isn’t the only thing that makes us the ideal getaway. Nestled in the heart of British Columbia’s interior, coming to stay at SilverStar is really easy from New Zealand and Australia. Centrally located near Kelowna’s International airport – a quick and convenient shuttle makes it possible to fly and ski the same day.
Kelowna Airport/Silver Star Shuttle Service
Silver Star is less than an hour’s drive away from Kelowna International Airport (YLW). Upon arrival you can choose to rent a vehicle, or have a shuttle bus to meet you at the airport. With direct flights from Vancouver, Seattle and more, you’ll be spending less time “on the road” and more time on the mountain.
Ask our Active Travel Experts to assist you in prearranging transfers or a rental car for your stay.
SilverStar has a variety of accommodation options to choose from.
Contact our Active Travel Experts for insider tips on where to stay and tailor-made ski/board experiences.
Cafes and Restaurants
While at SilverStar check out some of travel&co.’s favourite restaurants and cafes!
- Black Pine Social: Ramen and Asian inspired cuisine with BIG portions. A great atmosphere, more upscale but still casual and fun!
- Long Johns Pub: A local favourite and cult classic for a reason. Do not miss enjoying their big plate of nachos for the perfect ski comfort food, or catch up with some staff who are often here for a jug night.
- Bugaboos Bakery: CINNAMON ROLLS! An essential to any ski holiday. Plus enjoy a taste of home with meat pies.
- D’Argento: More stylish, intimate dinner with beautifully fresh meals; something a bit different from classic mountain food. The calamari is incredible!!
- The Red Antler: A family pub style restaurant always buzzing with people. Plus, the nightlife here gets good after 9pm, with the occasional live band as well!
- Pizza Gratia: Perfect to dine in, or grab a pizza, take it back to your room and pop in a movie. Awesome for an easy night in.
We'll find you the best value deals in the most amazing destinations. Let your active travel journey start with us!