Duration: 1 day
Minimum: 4 people (single bookings welcome)
Departs: Mt Cook (options for ex Queenstown or Wanaka available at a surcharge)
- Ski New Zealand’s longest glacier
- Professional, qualified mountain and ski guides
- 2 runs of 8-10km long
- Land at 2,500m for a 1,000m vertical ski descent
- Perfect for intermediate skiers (similar to easy blue runs at ski areas)
- Consistent snow depth and quality (even in a ‘lean’ snow year)
- Greatest annual snowfall accumulation in NZ
- Explore incredible seracs and ice caves
- Small group size 4-8 per guide
What to bring:
- Warm ski area clothing (colder at higher altitudes), ski area quality goggles or sunglasses, plenty of sunscreen, camera
- A small backpack is useful for water, or an extra pair of gloves
- Gear Recommendations: Alpine and telemark skis are welcome. We recommend skis with minimum 90mm width under foot
Rental equipment: We rent a range of fat skis, ideal for variable snow conditions. Boot sizes range from approx. Euro 3-48. We fit hire skis after registration. Guests do not need to arrange an earlier fitting. Snowboarding gear is not available to rent.
Snowboarders: Ski the Tasman is not suitable for snowboarding. There is some traversing involved and the lower glacier is too gently angled for easy riding. We recommend snowboarders join us on Mount Cook Heliski.
We'll find you the best value deals in the most amazing destinations. Let your active travel journey start with us!