3 days from $2,150pp*
Where you’ll visit:
- Black Peak
- NZMGA qualified guide
- All meals and energy snacks
- Hut accommodation including sleeping gear
- 1 weather contingency day
*The helicopter ride to the hut or the peak on the first day is an additional expense (approx. NZ$190-250 pp)
Based on two people
Excludes: airfares, insurance, personal spending
Contact our Active Travel Experts for additional experiences
Driving to the magnificent Matukituki Valley to meet your helicopter at Cattle Flat, just past the Treble Cone Ski Area. Your backpacks are light because sleeping bags, cooking gear and other necessities will already be in the hut. There is a wide range of runs available, from the moderate angle of the South Face of Black Peak to the Escapade Chutes – there are slopes for everyone. If people are keen there are evening talks on avalanche rescue, terrain analysis or mountain weather. Snow cave building is popular and if you like you can sleep like an Eskimo!
Subject to the weather, you may tour west to the Greenstone Trails or Rollercoaster which have the perfect aspect for cold dry snow. Other times you get no further than the slopes above the hut in search for the deep stuff.
Black Peak Hut is located about 7 km from the summit of Treble Cone Ski Area and it is an awesome ski tour. All you need to carry is a light daypack but with over 600m descent and 850m ascent it is a big day to ski tour back to the carpark where our vehicle will be waiting with a cold beverage!
Terms and Conditions
- Price based on per person twin share, in NZD and selected travel periods and blackout dates apply.
- Prices are correct at the time of release and are subject to availability and to change without notice.
- Credit/debit card, Q Mastercard®/Q Card surcharges surcharges, singles supplement and cancellation/change fees may apply.
- Events beyond our control such as currency fluctuations may result in price variations.
- Price based on travel dates: 2-4 August 2020 | 11 – 13 August 2020 | 14 – 16 August 2020 | 23 – 25 August 2020
- Prices exclude (unless specified) airfares, insurance, meals, other activities and all items of a personal nature. Additional levies, government charges, and fees may apply that are beyond our control.
- Accommodation. Subject to availability. Selected travel dates & blackouts & book by dates apply. Specific room types, bedding configuration, features and amenities may vary.
- Activities: Where specified are subject to availability and weather dependent. Age, weight and height restrictions may apply.
- Product is supplied by suppliers with their own terms and conditions.
- travel&co full terms and conditions apply.
We'll find you the best value deals in the most amazing destinations. Let your active travel journey start with us!