1 day from $649 per person (land only)
Book by 31 May 2021
Trip Dates: 21 June-25 October 2021 (August & September $749pp)
Duration: 1 day
Minimum: 4 people (single bookings welcome)
Departs: Mt Cook (options for ex Queenstown or Wanaka available at a surcharge)
Sale ends: 31 May 2021
- Ski New Zealand’s longest glacier
- Professional, qualified mountain and ski guides
- 2 runs of 8-10km long
- Land at 2,500m for a 1,000m vertical ski descent
- Perfect for intermediate skiers (similar to easy blue runs at ski areas)
- Consistent snow depth and quality (even in a ‘lean’ snow year)
- Greatest annual snowfall accumulation in NZ
- Explore incredible seracs and ice caves
- Small group size 4-8 per guide
- Professional mountain guide services. All guides trained and certified to international standards through the IFMGA/NZMGA training program, or meet the requirements of the NZ Heli Operators Group
- Picnic lunch on the snow
- Use of transceivers
- Complimentary transfers to and from Mt Cook Airport in Mt Cook area, if required
What to bring:
- Warm ski area clothing (colder at higher altitudes), ski area quality goggles or sunglasses, plenty of sunscreen, camera
- A small backpack is useful for water, or an extra pair of gloves
- Gear Recommendations: Alpine and telemark skis are welcome. We recommend skis with minimum 90mm width under foot
Rental equipment: We rent a range of fat skis, ideal for variable snow conditions. Boot sizes range from approx. Euro 3-48. We fit hire skis after registration. Guests do not need to arrange an earlier fitting. Snowboarding gear is not available to rent.
Skis only = $50 per day
Ski Package = $75 per day
Snowboarders: Ski the Tasman is not suitable for snowboarding. There is some traversing involved and the lower glacier is too gently angled for easy riding. We recommend snowboarders join us on Mount Cook Heliski.
Terms and Conditions
- Book Before 31 May 2021
- Minimum Age: 10 years. Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. We reserve the right to refuse to carry children if experience and conditions are, in our opinion, not appropriate.Minimum Numbers: A minimum number of 4 passengers for departure. Bookings are accepted on the basis that reservations will be coordinated to achieve minimum numbers.Refunds: If one run was possible, but fewer than the runs booked, guests are entitled to a refund of $240pp. Refunds do not apply to guests who elect to shorten the day due to fitness, lack of ability, or injury.Weather Dependency: Ski The Tasman is a weather dependent activity. We reserve the right to cancel if weather is not safe/suitable for the aircraft or skiing. Guests may transfer to another day, if space, weather, and itineraries allow. Where possible please encourage clients to adopt flexible itineraries. Alpine Guides reserves the right to change the duration of the ski day around changing weather conditions or other circumstances beyond our control.
- Special Covid terms apply for cancellation due to borders closing. See travel proposal for more details.
- Set departure 21 June-25 October 2021.
- Inclusions as stated above.
- Airfares are additional and can be added.
- Rental, lessons and activities not listed are additional and can be added if requested.
- Space is limited.
- Travel Insurance is additional and recommended
We'll find you the best value deals in the most amazing destinations. Let your active travel journey start with us!