5 nights from $4,000pp*
Where you’ll visit:
- Far North
- 5 nights accommodation | Includes: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Experienced fishing guide
- Hard top trailer boat | Surtees 6.7m Sport Fisher with 250hp outboard
- Fishing equipment, ice, berley and bait
Excludes: transport, snacks
Based on a 4 person group
Ask our Active Travel Experts for accommodation upgrade options
*See Terms & Conditions
Travel day – Auckland to Whangaroa, with the reward of some land based
fishing in the afternoon and early evening in an idyllic setting near Whangaroa Harbour
- Depart Auckland City, 7.30am
- Arrive Whangaroa approx. midday
- Get to know each other over lunch and talk through plan of attack for the coming days
- Short drive to a nearby landbased fishing spot, taking pre packed picnic dinner and spend the afternoon and early evening fishing
Straight into some world class fishing by boat in and around the picture perfect Cavalli Islands and north to Doubtless Bay let’s test out the drag settings!
- Early start launching the boat in Whangaroa Harbour
- Load up with livey’s before heading out to explore the endless reefs structures and islands from the Cavalli Islands up to Doubtless Bay (packed lunch supplied)
- Return mid afternoon to process and vac seal fish and ice
- Drive up to Houhora, stopping at Mangonui for an early dinner at the world famous Mangonui Fish Shop
- Continue to Houhora and settle into accommodation
From the new base in Houhora, continue the march North in this beautiful part of the country all the way to the top! The journey is firmly part of the adventure and arriving at this sacred landbased spot, Spirits Bay, fills you with hope and gratitude. Game on!
- Early start driving up to Spirits Bay for some high octane land based fishing.
- Enjoy a day of landbased fishing which is likely to be some of the best landbased fishing you will ever do! Packed lunch supplied
- Return to Houhoru base for dinner, process catch and an early night to rest up
Enjoy the sound of screaming reels? You are in luck, the fishing waters
from the launch spot in Houhora Harbour right up to the Cape are as good
as you will find anywhere in the world buckle in and enjoy an amazing
day of fishing
- Early start launching the boat in Houhora and collecting livey’s
- Cruise out through the heads and into some of the best fishing grounds in the world! Weather dependant, the options begin just outside the harbour with ledges and prime spots on offer through to Simmonds Islands.
- Then push on up towards North Cape, chasing birds and any sounder sign discovered along the way
- Massive day of quality fishing in a stunning part of the world
It is time to start heading South again, but not without one last treat. Travel to Tutukaka and choose to take in the beauty of the world famous Poor Knights or head out of the marine reserve for one last fishing session. Return to Tutukaka to celebrate and relive the moments of the adventure
- Drive South to Tutukaka and have an early lunch
- Launch and head out towards Poor Knights for either a Dive, Free Dive or just to soak it in before heading off to nearby fishing grounds
- Return to Tutukaka and process fish and freshen up before celebrating in style with a meal and drinks to celebrate an epic five days of fishing
- Stay the night in Tutukaka
All good things must come to an end. Return to home at your leisure, planning your next Ultimate Fishing Adventure!
- Return to Auckland/home
Terms and Conditions
- Price based on per person in a 4 person group, in NZD and selected travel periods and blackout dates apply.
- Prices are correct at the time of release and are subject to availability and to change without notice.
- Credit/debit card, Q Mastercard®/Q Card surcharges surcharges, singles supplement and cancellation/change fees may apply.
- Events beyond our control such as currency fluctuations may result in price variations.
- Prices exclude (unless specified) airfares, insurance, meals, other activities and all items of a personal nature. Additional levies, government charges, and fees may apply that are beyond our control.
- Accommodation. Subject to availability. Selected travel dates & blackouts & book by dates apply. Specific room types, bedding configuration, features and amenities may vary.
- Activities: Where specified are subject to availability and weather dependent. Age, weight and height restrictions may apply.
- Product is supplied by suppliers with their own terms and conditions.
- travel&co full terms and conditions apply.
We'll find you the best value deals in the most amazing destinations. Let your active travel journey start with us!