3 nights from $3,000pp*
Where you’ll visit:
- 3 nights accommodation | Includes: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Experienced fishing guide
- Hard top trailer boat | Surtees 6.7m Sport Fisher with 250hp outboard
- Fishing equipment, ice, berley and bait
Excludes: transport, snacks
Based on a 4 person group
*See Terms & Conditions
Let’s get out of here! Head straight for the Coromandel Peninsula, driving
directly to the destination of Matarangi. Once gear is unloaded head
straight out in the boat with a packed lunch for an afternoon of fantastic
fishing at the famed Mercury Islands.
- Depart Auckland City, 7.00am
- Arrive in Matarangi and drop gear into the lodge that will be home for the next 3 nights
- Pack up a lunch box and drive to Matarangi boat ramp, motoring out to ‘the Merc’s’ to get straight into some work!
- Return early evening for a feed and settle in for an early night to rest up before a busy few days ahead
Buckle in folks, things are about to get reel!
- Early start launching the boat off the ramp at Matarangi and head out to either Cuvier Island or the Alderman’s to target some XL Kingfish and Snapper chasing workups along the way
- Full day of reel screaming offshore action before heading home late afternoon
- Relax and rest up around the BBQ back at base. Process the days catch, yarn about all things fishing (the accuracy of all tales may be stretched) before settling in for the night
Experience land based fishing at some of the best land based spots in New Zealand with one of the very best in the business, Gene from ‘Strictly Land based’.
- Early start, head out in the boat with local legend (make that New
Zealand legend) Gene Bryant of ‘Strictly Land based’
- Transfer onto the rocks of one of the nearby Mercury Islands for a land based fishing masterclass with the best in the business
- After a full day of quality rock fishing, return back to the lodge, process the days catch and wash up
- Meals and drinks out at the Dunes Golf Resort to celebrate the achievements of the last few days
- All good things must come to an end, it’s time to pack up and make our way home after an amazing time in paradise
Terms and Conditions
- Price based on per person in a 4 person group, in NZD and selected travel periods and blackout dates apply.
- Prices are correct at the time of release and are subject to availability and to change without notice.
- Credit/debit card, Q Mastercard®/Q Card surcharges surcharges, singles supplement and cancellation/change fees may apply.
- Events beyond our control such as currency fluctuations may result in price variations.
- Prices exclude (unless specified) airfares, insurance, meals, other activities and all items of a personal nature. Additional levies, government charges, and fees may apply that are beyond our control.
- Accommodation. Subject to availability. Selected travel dates & blackouts & book by dates apply. Specific room types, bedding configuration, features and amenities may vary.
- Activities: Where specified are subject to availability and weather dependent. Age, weight and height restrictions may apply.
- Product is supplied by suppliers with their own terms and conditions.
- travel&co full terms and conditions apply.
We'll find you the best value deals in the most amazing destinations. Let your active travel journey start with us!