3 nights from $1,590pp*
- LAND ONLY (flights to Yellowknife required and will be priced as part of your overall journey)
- Return Yellowknife airport transfers
- 3 nights accommodation at The Explorer Hotel in a Superior King Room
- 3 sights Aurora Viewing with Aurora Village including 1 night in a private teepee
- Heated viewing seats per night
- Winter clothing rental (no your ski gear is not enough for this one!)
Excludes: airfares, some meals, insurance
Contact our Active Travel Experts for airfares.
*See terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Based on two (2) people travelling together.
- Dates of travel 12 August-15 October 2022, 20 November-22 December 2022 & 02 January-13 April 2023.
- 23 December 2022-01 January 2023 will incur a peak season surcharge. Please ask for more details.
- Do not operate 15 October-19 November 2022 & 14 April – 11 August 2023.
- Activities based on winter dates, summer activities are available, please ask for more information.
- Price current at 04 Aug 2022 and are subject to change due currency fluctuations and is subject to availability at time of booking.
- Bookings must be made more than 7 days in advance.
- Credit/debit card/Q Mastercard®/Q Card surcharges, singles supplement and cancellation/change fees may apply.
- There are no guarantee you will see the lights so we do recommend including viewing for every night of your stay.
- Events beyond our control such as currency fluctuations and changes to the price of aviation fuel may result in price variations.
- Priced based on travel dates (ask our experts for alternate dates): 01-16 Dec 2022.
- Prices exclude (unless specified) airfares, insurance, meals, other activities and all items of a personal nature.
- Additional levies, government charges, and fees may apply that are beyond our control.
- Accommodation: Subject to availability. Selected travel dates & blackouts & book by dates apply. Specific room types, bedding configuration, features and amenities may vary.
- Activities: Where specified are subject to availability and weather dependent. Age, weight and height restrictions may apply.
- Product is supplied by suppliers with their own terms and conditions.
- travel&co full terms and conditions apply.
Additional Activities Available:
(Nov-Apr, minimum 2 people to operate)
Dreamcatcher Lesson – $67pp
Yellowknife City Tour – $95pp
Dogsledding Tour – $143pp
Snowshoeing Experience – $143pp
Ice Fishing Demonstration – $177pp
Why Yellowknife for Aurora viewing?
Why is Yellowknife the best place in the world for Aurora viewing?
- Yellowknife is right in the middle of the Auroral Oval.
(Meaning this location has the highest percentage chance of see Aurora at our latitude on the planet)
- The land around here is really flat, and therefore there are not so many clouds as they don’t get trapped by mountains!
- The cold weather makes for less moisture in the atmosphere hence less cloud and more clear skies.
Yellowknife is also small and isolated city, therefore there is not a lot of light pollution.
Seasons run from:
12 August – 14 October 2022 / 20 Nov 22 – April 14 2023
We'll find you the best value deals in the most amazing destinations. Let your active travel journey start with us!