The largest island in the Cook Islands is Rarotonga and it is home to rugged mountains, idyllic sandy beaches, crystal waters and a humming community that reflects both a modern feel while keeping core traditional beauty that is true Polynesian culture. Rarotonga is also renowned for its big fish and amazing fishing charter opportunities. Its waters offer up big bounty for a beyond ordinary experience. Marlin, mahi mahi, yellow fin tuna, sail fish, wahoo and barracuda are why anglers love this place.
Top Fish Species
- Mahi Mahi: All months. These fish love windy and slightly choppy seas
- Yellow Fin Tuna: All months but the biggest are usually caught between May – September
- Sail Fish: All year round
- Yellowfish Tuna
- Wahoo: June through to November, but can be caught all year round
- Barracuda – All year round.
Best time to Fish
You can catch a variety of big fish all year round.
- Local market shopping
You’ll fly into Rarotonga to start your fishing adventure.
Rarotonga offers a range of accommodation options from budget motels and hotels, small mid-range to luxury resorts and hotels.
We'll find you the best value deals in the most amazing destinations. Let your active travel journey start with us!