7 nights from $4,495pp*
Trip Dates: 25 October – 1 November 2019
Hosted by Grant Dixon from NZ Fishing News
- Return flights from Auckland to Vava’u
- Return airport transfers
- 7 nights twin/double share: beachfront room | Includes daily breakfast
- 5 Dinners including welcome barbecue and prizegiving dinner
- Group polo shirt
- Tournament entry: 19th Annual Vava’u International Fishing Tournament
- 4 x 8 hour Gamefishing Charters (1/4 share basis) | Includes: lunch & tackle
Excludes: Insurance, meals and beverages unless specified
Based on four anglers travelling together
*See Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Booking agent is travel&co and the Tonga trip is hosted by NZ Fishing News.
- Trip price is based on per person (pp), twin share accommodation in NZD and for a selected travel period only.
- A NZD $1400 deposit is required at the time of booking, with final balance due 90 days prior to departure.
- Group size is based on 4 anglers per boat.
- Add-ons are available at an additional cost.
- Prices are correct at the time of release and are subject to availability and to change without notice.
- Unless specified prices exclude, insurance and other activities and all items of a personal nature.
- Events beyond our control such as currency fluctuations and changes to the price of aviation fuel may result in price variations.
- Credit/debit card surcharges, single supplement and cancellation/change fees apply.
- Additional levies, government charges, and fees may apply that are beyond our control.
- Accommodation: Subject to availability. Specific room types, bedding configuration, features and amenities may apply. Special requests should be advised at time of booking and are not guaranteed.
- travel&co reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the tour departure for any reason including insufficient demand or force majeure.
- travel&co full terms and conditions apply.
Group Host | Grant Dixon
Tour Host: Grant Dixon | New Zealand Fishing News
Grant Dixon has been at the helm of NZ Fishing News for 27 years, for 24 years as the editor and the last three as the managing editor/director having purchased the title in partnership with Grant Blair of www.fishing.net.nz
Over the years Grant has fished extensively throughout New Zealand, the Pacific and beyond, both as an angler and a trip host.
He and Mark Airey started the NZ Fishing News Vava’u International over 20 years ago, initially in association with the Tongan Tourism Authority.
It was first fished out of Tongatapu’s Royal Sunset Resort and when the numbers outgrew the availability of charter boats it was moved north to Vava’u.
Grant likes nothing more than seeing people enjoy their first tropical species successes, especially if it is a billfish.
We'll find you the best value deals in the most amazing destinations. Let your active travel journey start with us!